Friday, October 11, 2013

Cover Girl's Invisible Concealer




Straight to the point.

I've got dark circles under my eyes. Bad ones. So I'm always on a quest for the perfect concealer. This quest has lead me to purchase more concealer than any one woman could use in a lifetime, in the hopes that I will one day find THE ONE. And so a few weeks ago, while perusing the make up aisle at target, I decided on a whim to pick up Cover Girls's Invisible Concealer.

... and yet again I was disappointed.

When I first dotted the concealer on, I felt upbeat. The light beige tone is perfect for those days when you want minimal and natural looking makeup without that "tah dah!" look that many brightening concealers give. (I love brightening concealers but sometime they're just too much) Then I started blending those dots out and in doing so ended my upbeat mood.

Fair - 115
When applying concealer I like to dab my finger back and forth around my under eye area. Sweeping or rubbing it in usually just pushes the product around. But as I dabbed, it started looking really cakey, and it kept getting worse! So I had to start sweeping. This definitely helped eliminate the cakey look or the finish, but it totally sheered the concealer out to a light, at best, coverage, and light coverage just won't cut if for my dark circles. Also, the thick formula really tugged at that delicate under eye skin. Cover Girl says that this is a light cream formula, but it was a little to too thick for my liking, especially for under the eye.


So, I tried it on a red spot left over from a nasty pimple a couple weeks ago and got similar results. It was quite cakey at first and was difficult to blend out to a seamless look without completely sheering it out and if it's sheer, it's not concealing.

I tend to really like liquid and cream concealers so I had high hopes for this one. The packaging looks nice, the doe foot applicator is ideal and the price is right. Unfortunately the formula just doesn't work for me. I won't be throwing it out or anything. It's usable, if I work with it (and I'm planing on wearing my glasses for the day) but it's certainly not the end all be all of concealers I'm looking for.

For now I'm still liking ELF's concealer end of the Studio conceaing and highlighter duo.  So, I'll be sticking with it while I continue my quest.


More concealer reviews
Elf's Professional Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter
Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer


 


No comments:

Post a Comment