Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Simply Vera Vera Wang Naturally Radiant Hydrating Makeup Review and Swatches

We all know Vera Wang for her beautiful wedding dresses, but it turns out her makeup line at Kohl's is pretty fab too! So, now we can grab some designer makeup when we hit up one of the never-ending Kohl's super sales.  I recently picked up a couple tubes of the Naturally Radiant Hydrating Makeup and I'm really excited by the results. Is it for you? Read on :)

Let's get right to it.
This is a liquid foundation, with a thick, yet luxurious and velvety consistency and  it blends out beautifully to a light-medium coverage. The formula is emollient which makes is perfect for drier skin and the finish is natural, fresh and really gives the skin a radiant glow.  There is some shimmer hidden within this foundation. I say "hidden" because the shimmer is super fine and I didn't even notice it until about halfway through the day when I was examining the foundation's performance in a different light. I'm usually hesitant to wear shimmery foundation but Vera has managed to incorporate it perfectly into this formula.  The wear time is 8 hours +.
I haven't noticed any weird fading.

This foundation is available in 10 shades. The first three, 101, 102 and 103 are very similar. This is awesome for those with lighter skin tones beacause it means you're pretty much guaranteed to find a perfect match. To test things out I wore 101 on one side of my face and 103 (I skipped shade 102) and I loved the way both looked! I'm thinking I'll either wear 101 in Winter and 103 in Summer. Or I'll just go get 102 and wear it all year.  Once you get into the darker shades, there are some gaps but nothing outrageous. I think most people will be able to find a shade that works for them.
(L to R) 101, 103, 105, 107


This is a great product for those dull-skin days, when you really need a boost of radiance. You'll love this if you want a moisturizing foundation with a natural finish. If you're totally against shimmer or you need a full coverage foundation this might not be for you.

It retails for $39.50 for a 1 oz tube of product. So, while I'll probably never have my very own Vera Wang wedding dress, I can indulge in some designer foundation every day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment