Monday, October 14, 2013

Cover Girl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation

Cover Girl Natureluxe, a.k.a. my Holy Grail of drugstore foundations. Seriously, I have nothing but good things to say about this foundation. I reach for it when I need an inexpesive sure thing.


Let's start with the boring stuff - the packaging. It's perfect, as far as I'm concerned. It's a thin, lightweight, plastic tube housing 1 fl liquid oz. It's super squeezable which means you can easily control how much product you squirt out. And when you get down to those final drops, you can just snip off the top with some scissors and dip your finger in there so you don't waste any product. It's also great for traveling, since it's not clunky. 

Now the formula? It's a dream. This is a thin, silky liquid.  It's lightweight (I can't even feel it on my face) and it makes my skin feel super smooth to the touch. It looks good pretty much all day - It's a light coverage to begin with so if does fade you hardly notice. I've tried applying it with brushes and sponges but honestly I get the best results just using my fingers, which I love because it makes things that much easier.
L to R - Alabaster 305 and Flax 310


This is definitely a light coverage foundation. So, if you need or want a heavier coverage, just look elsewhere. This product is for those who want a naturally flawless look. It doesn't cover moles, freckles or any of that. It does a beautiful job of evening skin tone and giving you an overall smooth, healthy look. This looks like skin, not foundation.

When this foundation first came about a couple years ago it had SPF 10, but it seems that CoverGirl has taken that out. I liked the little bit of SPF. I'll take protection from the sun wherever I can get it, so I'm a bit disappointed about that.

It does contain fragrance, which in general I'm not a fan of, but this happens to be a relatively nice fragrance, so I don't let it get in the way of my love for the product. The formula contains cucumber water and jojoba extract and they definitely play up the former. The cucumber scent is kind of strong, but it's a fresh one and not perfumey in any way.

This retails for $11-$12 depending on where you live. Not bad for such a nice foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment