Thursday, October 3, 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Review and Swatches

Crush and Honey

I stopped trying love lip stains a long time ago. I don't like having to apply balm every 15 minutes throughout the day and even when I do they always dry out my lips and accentuate any chappiness. But when Revlon came out with a "Balm Stain" my interest was definitely piqued. I've just repurchased two of them so it's time for a review!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain comes in crayon form in a plastic twistable tube. The product twists up and down with no problems.
It's got a minty scent that's fairly plasticy and fake to me, but it only lasts about a minute. It glides on really smooth and glossy and they actually moisturize the lips! Yep, I  said it.  A moisturizing stain! I no longer have to try to love lip stains. Revolon has me hooked with these.


Okay, so like I said, when you first apply them they look and feel super creamy, without feeling heavy.  Then over time as the color (which, by the way, is super pigmented) fades you are left with a really nice stained lip. They aren't sticky at all and because they are so creamy, if you want to start off which just a hint of color you can just dot a bit on your lips and blend it out. I usually do this with the shade "crush" since it's pretty dark if applied with a heavy hand.


Crush and Honey
The staying power varies by shade, with the more vibrant colors lasting much longer, but I've always gotten at least 4 hours of good wear out of them. Crush gives me a solid 8-10.


No comments:

Post a Comment