Thursday, September 5, 2013

Elf - Professional Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

Elf's Professional Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter is a nice concealer for $3. The
highlighter is more or less worthless though.

I have fair skin so I got the shade glow/fair. It's a perfect shade match for the under eye area - light enough to conceal but not so light that you get reverse raccoon eyes! It's a thin liquid formula so it's super easy to apply and blend out, even with your fingers, which is super important when dealing with the delicate under eye area. It takes a little bit of time to dry completely so there's no rush.

 I have relatively dark circles under my eyes and this is only a light (maybe light-medium) coverage concealer so it doesn't conceal things completely for me, but it makes thing look a lot better. If you're only dealing with light to normal discoloration this will probably work really well for you.

After a few weeks the concealer broke off from the highlighter, which was fine by me because I don't like the highlighter anyway. It's a white liquid with just a little shimmer to it and just looks all sorts of wrong when applied. You either can't see it at all, or if you apply more, it looks like you just smeared white liquid on your face. I've never gotten a nice highlighting effect with this product. I have read some reviews from people saying they love it though.

FINAL VERDICT
Give it a try. It's only three bucks and you might end up really liking it. I do. :)


More concealer reviews
Cover Girl Invisible Concealer
Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

No comments:

Post a Comment