Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Giovanni Shine of the Times Finishing Hair Mist


I'm a natural medium -blonde,  and while I love my hair, it lacks that shine and luster that darker hair colors achieve. So I picked up some of Giovanni's Shine of the Times Finishing Hair Mist to see if I could get that glossy look that I secretly envy.

Shine of the Times is a silicone misting spray, several certified organic ingredients including rosemary leaf extract, soyben protein, wild beramot extract, poppy and rose hip extract. This product claims to give hair a smooth and shiny finish. The directions say to apply it to your hair, by walking underneath a veil of mist, after you have finished styling. I like that you can apply it as sort of an afterthought, when you're just about ready to walk out the door. There's not much skill involved here.

My hair was instantly shiny after application. It wasn't just-stepped-off-the-pages-of-a-magazine-shiny, but I definitely noticed a difference. It also brought out the golden tones in my hair which was an awesome and unexpected bonus! The shine factor did wear off after a few hours, but you can reapply as needed, although the bottle isn't exactly convenient to throw in your purse.

There is a very strong fragrance when I first apply this, which I could personally do without, but it begins to dissipate fairly quickly, so it doesn't put me off the product.

Overall I like this product. I picked mine up for about $8 and you get a full 4 fl oz, which should last quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment