Monday, October 21, 2013

Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream

BB Creams have got to be the most over-hyped beauty products of this decade. Honestly, I'm sick of hearing about them.

....But I'm going to review one anyway :)


I picked up a sample of Jane Iredale's Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream at a spa recently. I didn't want to like it.

While this isn't quite full coverage, it does give a solid medium coverage. Considering most BB Creams on the American market are watered down tinted moisturizers that's saying something! You could probably build it to full coverage but I wouldn't recommend it, since it would likely leave your skin feeling quite heavy.

The formula is thick with an almost gel-like consistency and has a light, sweet, fresh scent. Like orange jello. Yum! It's dense and very pigmented so a little bit goes a long way. Apply it sparingly to begin with to avoid a cakey look. You can easily sheer it out some by mixing it with a moisturizer.

This BB Cream dries to a satin finish which only improves throughout the day. Seriously. Every time I looked in the mirror my skin looked better. I didn't want to wash this stuff off! It does a decent job of blurring my pores. It doesn't make them disappear or anything but it definitely makes them less noticeable. My skin looked healthier and I suppose a little glowy. (there is no shimmer)  I think this will be best for me in the summer, when my skin isn't screaming out for hydration! Glow Time isn't drying, but I don't think it's going to be moisturizing enough for me in the dead of Winter. We'll see.

I got shade BB3, which is the second lightest shade (They only have odd numbers)
Shade BB 3

BB3 was a little too light for my skin tone, which suprises me because I'm pretty light.

Other notable facts: It's got water resistant spf 25 AND it's vegan/cruelty free! That alone makes me a fan.

*Sigh* I really like this BB Cream. But at $48 I'm going to have to wait a while if I'm going to purchase it. Maybe I'll pay for it with my Christmas bonus. lol Christmas bonus! FAT CHANCE of getting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment