Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Coastal Scents Hot Pot Review and Swatches

Coastal Scents has a ton of shadows that can be purchased individually, for $1.95 each. They come in all shades and finishes. In my opinion their Hot Pots tend to be of a higher quality than the shadows included in the palettes. Hot Pots tend to have a smoother formula and are less likely to crease, from my experience.
I'll be reviewing and swatching a lot of these shadows in batches as I try them.

Today's review includes Ice Ballet, Bombay, Peachy Keen and Raisin Berry.

Ice Ballet -  A beautiful shade of frosty violet. It can go on sheer, leaving a satin finish, if applied with a light touch. Or you can build it up to a semi-opaque, shimmer finish. I lovely feminine shade for any skin tone, this shade brings Winter to mind and will be the perfect touch of color for those frosty days. Violets are also a beautiful shade for any bride!

Bombay - A total dud for me. This is a light, dusky grey, with a matte finish. Zombies come to mind with this shade, and it's hard for me to think of any good use for it or anything skin tone that this would compliment. I suppose it could be used when creating multi-depth smokey eye, but there are plenty of other, more versatile shades for that. The pot that I got looks nothing like the one shown on the CS website.

Raisin Berry - I LOVE this shadow! A wonderfully deep berry shade with warm undertones and a shimmer finish. This shadow is richly pigmented and goes on opaque even without a primer! Once applied, it takes on more of a brown tone than it appears in the pot (not quite as cranberry as I had expected.  It's almost identical to MAC's "Sweet Chestnut."
This shade is perfect for the Fall and Winter seasons.


Peachy Keen - A sweet peachy-pink shade with a flattering, satin finish.  Depending on the light, it can appear quite pink or peachy. Application is only  a little heavier than sheer, but it can be built up to semi-opaque.


(L to R) Rainsin Berry, Bombay, Ice Ballet, Peachy Keen

No comments:

Post a Comment