Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Revlon Lacquer and Matte Balms Review

Revlon recently added Colorburst Lacquers and Balms to their chubby lip pencil offerings. They look almost identical to the Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stains, but their performance is definitely different.

First, I should say that I could not find these anywhere! I paid a friend to mail me some. Yeah. That's how curious I was. I was really pleased with the Kissable Lip Stain formulas and excited that I might find a super shiny version in the Lacquers. I'm not really into matte lip colors, but I got one of those too for the sake of comparison.

They both smell identical to the Kissable Stains. Minty, with a hint of plastic. Pleasant enough. Both the Lacquer and the Matte feel smooth on the lip as they are applied but the pigmentation of the Matte, shade Mischievous, was uneven and patchy. I used my finger to smooth it out and that took some effort. Even then, it majorly accentuated the slightly dry patches I currently have. It's a lovely light peachy shade, so I hate that I don't think I will be able to wear it. It doesn't feel dry on the lips but unfortunately it make my lips look pretty bad.

I had better luck with the Lacquer Balm, but it's still not a home run for me. With a name like Lacquer I was hoping for and expecting something with high shine. This has a nice sheen, but nothing spectacular. The finish isn't much different from the Kissable Lip Stain. It glides on the lips, and feels a bit more silky than the Matte and it doesn't catch on any dryness.

Wear time on these is about 3 hours, if you don't eat anything.  Oh, and though the packaging is virtually identical, these are NOT stains.

Overall, I'm indifferent to these balms. There's hardly enough of a difference in these, from the Kissable Stains, to warrant a new launch. Those who prefer a matte lip will probably be really pleased with the addition. I wasn't impressed enough with them to rush out and purchase any more. Although, from what I'm seeing online, there are a few more lacquer shades that look fairly nice, so I might be eating my word in a few weeks.

.... If they ever show up here, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment