Saturday, October 5, 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick Review and Swatches

I usually don't go for stick foundations. The whole stick factor makes it hard for me to believe that they will be even the slightest bit blendable. But there's something about Maybelline's Fit Me line that keeps pulling me in, so when they came out with the Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick I had to check it out.

L to R - 120 Porcelain, 220 Natural Beige, 355 Coconut




There are 12 shades in this line and they come is chubby twisty tubes with 0.32 oz of product.  The "powder core" is supposed to eliminate shine and is surrounded by a gel foundation. This makes for fairly unique results.
Now when I hear something is meant to eliminate shine I immediately worry that it will be really drying and accentuate any flakiness, so I was pleasantly surprised at how creamy and blendable the foundation is. Having said that, right after application it looks more like a powder. So it basically provides the best of both worlds.

This is a sheer coverage foundation that is somewhat buildable up to light-meduim, but I try to avoid building foundation, as it usually results in a more cakey look. So if you've got scars, pimples and whatnots that you want to hide you will need to use a concealer. It does even out skin quite nicely and covered the slight redness on and around my nose.

This goes on soft and matte and it blurred some fine lines on my forehead and a few pores as well! That's a huge plus in any foundation. My face just looked .... perfected.  This formula is creamy enough to not catch on patches of dry skin, but powdery enough to keep things from slipping off. If you've got really oily skin you will probably need to finish off with a setting powder though.

Wear time for me, without any additional products to set it,  was about 5 hours. At that point it had begun to fade a bit and slip. The simple packaging makes it eady to throw into your purse and the super blendability makes it super easy to touch-up throughout the day.

I remcommend this to anyone who loves a light-medium foundation that provides a naturally perfect skin look.

No comments:

Post a Comment