Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Garnier Fructis Surf Hair Texture Paste Review

I'm always looking for easy ways to style my hair. Something you can just put in your hair and go, for those hectic days when you just don't have the time. I love that easy, textured, beachy look that doesn't seem to be going out of style any time soon, so on a whim I picked up a tub of Garnier Fructis' Surf Hair Texture Paste. It was less than 5 bucks for a decent amount of product at Walmart, so I figured I had little to lose.


Turns out I did lose that $5, as this was  big dud for me.
This Texture Paste is thick and creamy, but it's also really sticky. My hair was all but glued to my palms as I applied it, making it difficult to style. It did add texture to my hair, but it also really weighed it down after about 15 minutes. It looked great at first - even more volumious than I expected and I was willing to forgive the sticky formula, but then everything went flat. It also made my hair feel a bit crunchy which is something I really try to avoid.

It has that familiar Garnier frangrance, but it seemed much stronger than most of their products. My fiance even noticed it and said it smell strongly of chemicals. Ouch!

Those with short hair might have better luck with this product, if the smell and stickiness doesn't bother you,  but I can't recommend it to anyone with medium to long hair. It will leave your hair looking dull, flat and unmanagable.

No comments:

Post a Comment