Monday, November 18, 2013

Pixi Illuminating Tint and Conceal Review and Swatches


Pixi's Illuminating Tint and Conceal has been calling out to me every time I walk by the display in Target. I was initially drawn to the packaging, which includes a dome-shaped cream concealer inside the lid of a tinted moisturizer, making it easy to travel and just convenient.  I don't usually bother with tinted moisturizers but decided to give this a try.

The concealer is a full coverage creme-to-powder finish. It's really creamy upon application and easy to blend out but it turned a little cakey after a while. The three lighter shades are practically identical once applied even though they look different in the cap.
(L to R)  1, 2 and 3 concealer



The tinted moisturizer was a pleasant surprise to me. This formula isn't too runny and it felt nice and hydrating, yet lightweight (I couldn't feel it on my skin at all) and silky on the skin. It blends out smoothly and easily and it does a beautiful job of evening out my skin tone and masking redness. This is an illuminating product so it contains some shimmer. I think the amount of shimmer is nice. It adds a fresh faced overall glow. Definitely not overkill, but the shimmer is there. So if you're against all-over shimmer you'll want to avoid this. Overall this gives the apperance of naturally beautiful skin and with spf 20 you'll be helping your skin stay beautiful.

I find it odd that they paired a full coverage foundation with a tinted moisturizer. The moisturizer gives such a light and natural finish while the concealer is pretty serious business. Applied with care it's not a horrible combination but it is an odd one, in my opinion.

At $30 this seems a bit pricey for a tinted moisturizer, but it does come with a decent concealer so it's kinda worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment