Thursday, November 7, 2013

NP Set It Takes Two Concealer and Foundation Pot Review and Swatches


I love getting a concealer and foundation in one package. It means I only have to reach for one product, it's easy to travel with and I only have to make one purchase. So I was automatically drawn to this dual-purpose product.

While we're on the packaging ... The cream concealer is house in the lid of the foundation. The top flips up to reveal not only the concealer but a nice little mirror as well, which is a really nice touch. There is a white star in the center of the concealer pot, which according to NP SET is a bonus highlighter, but honestly it's more a gimmick, if you ask me. In order to access ONLY the highlighter you have would have to use a small brush and avoid mixing the pigmented concealer into the star every time you use it and I can't be bothered with that.  Anyway, to access the foundation you screw off the lid which has a small spatula attached to it for you to dip into the foundation. People will either love or hate that feature. I think it's fine for now, but when there's not much foundation left I predict that it will be difficult to get the rest out since the opening is quite small.

Okay, on to the good stuff. The formula.
The foundation applies really smooth and is creamy easy to blend without being greasy or shiny. The finish is semi-matte and coverage is light-medium. This won't be right for anyone with serious imperfections that need to be covered, but it's very nice for evening skin tone and brightening things up a bit.

Unfortunately the shade selection really let me down and makes this unwearable for me.  It only comes in three shades - light, medium and dark - and light was way too orangey for me. It makes no sense to me to only offer a foundation in only three shades, since very few people will be lucky enough to find a nice fit.
 
The concealer is pretty meh, for me. It's smooth and emollient which made it a dream to blend, but the coverage is sheer and that just won't cut it for my under eye circles. It should work for anyone needing only to conceal light discoloration, but anything significant will need a product with more coverage.
 
Overall this product is a disappointment. I wanted to love it and I really do love the formula of the foundation but the shade selection is horrible and the concealer just won't conceal much of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment