Friday, November 15, 2013

Coastal Scents Warm 88 Palette Review Revisted

About 2 months ago, I reviewed the Coastal Scents Warm 88 Palette. The review was fairly positive, and while I still enjoy using several colors in this palette, after having used it for over 2 months now, my overall opinion has gone down a bit.


My chief complaints are these:

There are too many shades that are nearly identical. In the pot they look different enough, but once applied they look the exact same. Particularly the orangey/coral-esque shades, but also the shimmery blues, purples and whites. This palette could definitely be condensed and you wouldn't lose anything in terms of shade selection.

The quality of each pot is quite variable. Many are much more chalky than I'd like. Some have barely visible pigmentation and are very difficult to build. And several of the shades crease like crazy without a primer.

Having said all that, I do really love several of the shades in this palette. There are some really nice taupes, shimmery caramel type shades, and some deep browns and plums that are really fantastic to play with, especially for the Fall season. I just wish I could eliminate all those shimmery, silvery blues and replace with them golden .... well golden anything really.

In the future when I'm jonesing for some awesome shadows I'm going to stick with Coastal Scents' Hot Pots. You can pick and choose the individual shades that you want and the quality is WAY better than even the best shadow in a CS palette. The dud shades in these large palettes cry out "I am money wasted!" every time I open it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment