Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Clinique - A Different Nail Enamel For Sensitive Skins Fall 2013


I've never had sensitivity issues from nail polish, but I was drawn to the new beige shades sitting atop the Clinique counter so I decided to test some out today while doing some shopping.

My plan: Paint my nails with the testers at the counter. Walk around the mall, window shopping while I decide which shades I have to have, go back and purchase some beautiful polish.

The short story is. I didn't purchase any of them. While I love all of the shades - they are flattering, beautiful and classy for all - this formula took forever to dry! I tried to be super careful for a good 10 minutes after applying the enamel but I sill ended up with smudges and scrapes everywhere! I really don't remember touching anything. It was really frustrating. I'm not sure what changes were made to make this "For Sensitive Skins" but I cannot recommend these to anyone who doesn't have at least 20 minutes to sit still, not moving their hands at all, while their nails dry.

If you're used to having reactions from nail polishes then maybe the $12.50 price tag is worth it to you. But I can get the same shades from Zoya for $8 and those suckers dry fast!

Edited to add: This stuff chipped like crazy about 24 hours after application. Definitely not worth $12.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment