Sunday, November 3, 2013

NP Set Pre-Foundation Pore Perfecting Primer

Ah, primers. They come in so many varieties these day, and make so many claims. I don't enjoy trying new primers nearly as much as other products, but I was really interested to see if NP Set could really perfect my pores, so I made the plunge and picked up this primer for $28 at Target.

To be honest, I was skeptical. A lot of "perfecting" primers have left me disappointed, so I wasn't expecting this to do much for the unfortunately large pores on my cheeks. Lucky for, and my wallet, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this actually does deliver! My pores were instantly blurred. They didn't totally disappear but they were hardly noticeable for my entire 10 hour day. Count me impressed!

This is a silicone based primer. When it comes out of the tube it looks slightly pink, but it goes on totally sheer. It had a nice mattifying effect on my skin, although I don't have incredibly oily skin to begin with. I don't usually have problems with foundations sliding off my face as most decent foundations stay put on me, but I still noticed that the overall finish of my foundation looks fresher and more even all day long.

This will cost you close to $30, depending on where you get it, for 1.01 fl oz. That's seems a bit high for people doing their cosmetic shopping at Target. However it does a great job at blurring my pores so I will probably repurchase, unless I can find a better one for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment