Friday, February 7, 2014

Coastal Scents Hot Pot Review and Swatch Miami Spice

Coastal Scents has a ton of shadows that can be purchased individually, for $1.95 each. They come in all shades and finishes. In my opinion their Hot Pots tend to be of a higher quality than the shadows included in the palettes. Hot Pots tend to have a smoother formula and are less likely to crease, from my experience.
I'll be reviewing and swatching a lot of these shadows as I try them.
Miami Spice

Miami Spice is a sheer, medium brown shade with blue shimmers. I don't really know what to make of the blue shimmers, to be honest. They almost seem like an after thought and they're not very noticeable, once applied, unless you go looking for them. I suppose they liven up what would otherwise be just another matte brown crease shade that you probably already have.

This shadow applies smoothly and is easily blended. I haven't had any issues with creasing, but I always wear Coastal Scents Step One Eye Primer underneath it.

It's hard for me to get excited about this shade, mostly because it's kind of a blah brown, but sometimes that exactly what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment