Friday, February 21, 2014

Coastal Scents Hot Pot Review and Swatch - Indigo Dream

Coastal Scents has a ton of shadows that can be purchased individually, for $1.95 each. They come in all shades and finishes. In my opinion their Hot Pots tend to be of a higher quality than the shadows included in the palettes. Hot Pots tend to have a smoother formula and are less likely to crease, from my experience.
I'll be reviewing and swatching a lot of these shadows as I try them.


Indigo Dream

 

Indigo Dream is a deep blue shade - It's darker than the picture on Coastal Scents' website - and is highly pigmented. "Indigo" is a good name for it, because it darn near dyes your skin! It's not difficult to remove with makeup remover but if I get any on my hands when I'm doing my makeup I can't just wipe it off on the nearest towel. It requires soap, water and some scrubbing. Needless to say the staying power of this shadow is great. You could probably wear it for days, although I haven't tried.

As for the finish, I really thought this was a matte shade. I didn't inspect the pot up close and once applied, it certainly looks matte to me, but then I saw that CS considers it a shimmer. So, upon further inspection I did notice a few very finely milled shimmers in there. They are only visible if the light hits the pot just right and  I have to put in quite a lot of effort to see any shimmer once I've applied it. The photo on the Coastal Scents site shows a considerable amount of shimmer, but it's barely there at all in my pot. Maybe I got a dud. I don't know, but I prefer this one without all that shimmer.

This blue is quite versatile. It goes on opaque but it's really easy to blend and sheer out to a lighter shade, that's just as vibrant. If you're a lover of blue shadows this is a must-have for your collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment