Friday, February 28, 2014

Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue Review



The short story is, this product is awful!
For a whopping $100, this product claims to minimize the look of dark circles, puffiness and fine lines and to increase skin's firmness and elasticity. If it actually did any one of those things, it might be worth the hundred  bucks, but it fails miserably. In fact, this stuff dried out the delicate skin under my eyes so much that it aged me about 20 years. It actually created crepiness and lines where none existed before! And it only gets worse ...

This is a gel, serum-like formula with little "caviar-like beads" (lol - what a crock!) it applies easily enough without tugging at the skin and a little bit goes a long way. That's the only positive thing I have to say about it. Once I apply it, it burns like crazy! Then it creates a tight, crusty film on the skin, so you absolutely cannot apply makeup on top of it. In any case, I decided to keep using it (dumb, I know) , but only at night, because I was convinced that it would start to work eventually and that maybe I just had to build up a tolerance to the product. I saw the skin under my eyes get drier and with more crepines over the course of about two weeks, starting the morning after the first application!  Eventually I gave up and I'll be returning this stuff ASAP. It's horrible on every level.
I should add that I have never experienced a bad reaction to any eye cream or treatment before. It's not like I have abnormally sensitive skin. This stuff is just harsh.

The fact that they charge so much for a product that is so terrible, really puts me off the entire Peter Thomas Roth brand. I can't see myself buying another one of their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment