Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ponds Luminous Finish BB+ Cream Review and Swatches

I've been wearing Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream for a few days now and I'm loving it!

This formula is creamy and super easy to blend. It provides light coverage but you can build it to a solid medium without things looking cakey. It's emollient and does not accentuate dryness, even on these super dry and cold winter days. And the fact that it has an spf 15 will make it great for summer days as well. It's not greasy at all, but I'm not sure how those with oily skin will fare with this.

Pond's says the finish is matte but to me it's too skin-like to be matte. I'd say it's somewhere between matte and satin. And there is no shimmer or glitter. A lot of products these days put words like "luminous" in the name, when what they really mean is "shimmer" but that's not the case here.

 So far the longest I've worn this is 10 hours and it still looked as good as it did when first applied - And that's without a primer or setting it with powder. I found that it feels a bit heavy on my skin when I wear a primer underneath it, but I can't feel it at all if I use it alone.

Light Shade


The Light shade is perfect for my fair skin. Depending on the line of foundation, I tend to find my shade matches in the lightest or second to lightest shades that are offered.  This one is light with neutral undertones. I think it will blend seamlessly into skin tones from the light to light-medium range, but it might be a bit too dark for those with extremely fair skin.

Ponds claims that this cream will fade dark spots, but I don't really have any so I can't say whether it delivers there.

This retails around $10-$12 depending on where you make your purchase, with is a great value if you ask me.








No comments:

Post a Comment