Saturday, January 11, 2014

Laura Geller Spackle Primer Review and Swatch - Champagne


I had super high hopes for Laura Geller's Spackle Primer in Champagne. Spackle has a fairly decent reputation and I love the idea of my primer adding a bit of glow, especially in the winter months when things are pretty dry and dull. Overall I'm quite pleased with its performance. Is it the end all be all, knock my socks off, never going to look for another primer again product? Not quite, but I've been using it every day and will probably repurchase it.

I think I should start by mentioning that this contains shimmer. A lot of it. So if you are one of the many that have a serious aversion to shimmer, this is not for you. It says that you can apply this on its own, for a more flawless look, which really excited me, but that's not happening. This primer doesn't reduce the look of pores so if you don't apply foundation on top of it you'll just be walking around with a sparkly face, which is not a good look on anyone. Having said that, most foundations cover the majority of the shimmers, leaving only a hint of them behind. I personally like the effect, but some will hate it. 
Champagne Spackle with no foundation


This primer does a really good job of perfecting the finish of my foundation, making it look more skin-like from the start. It also keeps my foundation from fading or becoming patchy almost all day. I'd say I get at least a full 10 hours wear with this primer. I've got dry skin which can sometimes make wearing even the lightest coverage foundation in the dry, winter months a total nightmare! Spackle keeps all those dry patches and weird, tiny flakes that foundation loves to cling to in check. I can't say that it's moisturising but it is a friend to my dry skin. This might mean trouble for those with oily skin. I'm not sure though.

It retails for $30. Seems a bit much at first glance, but you only need a little to cover your entire face and since it improves the finish of my foundation I think it's a fine investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment