Saturday, January 4, 2014

Bath and Body Works Shea Cashmere and Silk Hand Cream


I'm really on the fence about Bath and Body Work's Shea Cashmere & Silk Hand Cream (part of their True Blue Spa line). I like the fragrance, if I don't over do it, but it's not great as a hand cream, if you ask me.

One thing I love about this product it the way it glides onto and into your skin. "Cashmere" is definitely not a misnomer here. The formula isn't greasy at all and leaves your skin feeling just like the cream's namesake. The first time I used it, I was really impressed. I don't think any other hand cream I've tried before has had this effect. Unfortunately it isn't as moisturizing as I had hoped. With "SHEA" so big on the label I expected something quite rich. My hands, especially my finger tips, get really dry and cracked in the winter time and this hand cream just doesn't cut it. It's not useless or anything. It'll do for days when light moisturization is needed, but if your hands are chapped and in need of something serious, this won't do the trick.

The fragrance of this cream is a mixture of almond, vanilla and sandalwood and it lingers on your skin for hours, even after you've washed your hands. It can become a bit too strong for my liking if I apply too much (almost perfumey), which I have done several times hoping I could get the moisturization I needed. But I usually really like the soft scent it leaves behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment