Thursday, December 5, 2013

Lancome Maquicomplet Concealer Review and Swatches


As my quest for the perfect product to conceal my dark circles continued, I ventured over to the Lancôme counter to see what I could find. Lancôme's Maquicomplet Concealer is not a new product by any means, but you can definitely file it under "oldie but goodie." This concealer performs on every level.

The Maquicomplet Concealer comes in a whopping 14 shades, which includes one yellow corrector. So there's a high probability that you will be able to find the right shade for you. Below are the 4 lightest shades. (the quality of the photo isn't great but you can still get a pretty good idea of the shades)

(R to L)  Porcelaine, Ivoire, Camee, Claire II


As you can see, Porcelaine is really pink. Saying it's got pink undertones doesn't do it justice. This stuff is straight up ballet slipper pink, so I passed and went with Camee, which looks somewhat beigey in the tube, but once applied it's actually a nice, light, yellow-undertoned shade that is somewhat brightening, without being overwhelmingly so.

The formula is a velvety, creamy, liquid and it's a dream to blend under the eyes. It dries down to a powdery matte finish, which can and will look cakey if you over do it. Unless you've got super oily skin, I don't suggest that you set this with any powders. You won't need to anyway as this wears well for at least 6 hours on me and then only light touching up is needed.

Coverage is medium. Lancôme says it's full but I've got some serious dark circles and while this seriously diminishes their appearance, it doesn't conceal them completely.  However I do think this will provide enough coverage for most people. It's certainly more pigmented than most concealers. The most impressive thing about this concealer is that it doesn't start creasing until after my work day is over.  Yep, I said it. So many concealers begin to crease within the first 2 hours of application but this is still crease free when I get home! Having said that, if you leave this on for 10+ hours, things are going to start looking cakey and it will start to crease.

This is currently retailing for $30. You might suffer a bit of sticker shock from that, but to me this formula is worth it, if you're having trouble finding something with enough coverage to hide really dark circles. Of course, I'll keep looking for one that performs just as well for less ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment